FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE (Qualified in London) & NATUROPATHY
WITH TARA ALEX ZENKER
Many things contribute to your good health, or lack of it. In some instances, the cause of your ill health is quite clear, but often it isn’t.
Whilst I treat many identifiable conditions such as eczema, asthma, allergies, and burnout using naturopathy and homeopathy. I also work with people who just feel unwell and don’t have a diagnosis. This can range from chronic tiredness, bloating, skin eruptions to recurrent aches and pains.
I support people at all stages of life, from babies and young children to the elderly, including those who have just started or plan to start families, using naturopathic approaches such as lifestyle and dietary changes, nutritional and food supplement recommendations, homeopathy and herbal treatments. These gentle yet profound natural approaches are safe with all age groups.
Diverse factors lead to your state of health including nutrition, lifestyle, levels of stress, quality of sleep, exercise, daily activity and more. Together we explore these to find out what is and isn’t working for you.
Other major contributors to health issues are hormones such as insulin, cortisol or oestrogen, which are triggered by diet, digestive health, levels of daily activity and your stress load. Your emotional state also affects your physical health. Everything is interconnected and no part of you works in isolation.
My aim is to identify the underlying cause. I call this root-cause resolution. Whilst treating your symptoms might be helpful in the short-term, unless the root cause is identified your symptoms will normally recur.
We begin by looking at your historical health issues. Lab tests at reputable and accredited laboratories or at your doctor’s surgery might be recommended, as they help identify any imbalances and underlying causes of your health problems.
Your body has a wonderful ability to heal itself when supported in the right way. To this end we explore the various approaches that can help you on your healing path and introduce support that suits you and fits your lifestyle.
I work from my home practice in Zurich, and at the Healthy Living Practice (Highbury & Islington) in London. Many of my consultations are held via Zoom, so international consultations are no problem.
Some of the laboratories I use for Functional Medicine testing are:
- Genova Diagnostics Europe: https://www.gdx.net/uk/
- Regenerus labs (Doctors Data; Great Plains; Quicksilver; DUTCH etc.): https://regeneruslabs.com
- Biolab UK: https://www.biolab.co.uk
- Unilabs: https://unilabs.ch/de?lng=de
- Labor Team-W: https://www.team-w.ch/de
- Biovis Diagnostik: https://www.biovis.eu/de/
- Biovis Diagnostik: https://www.biovis.eu/de/
Your GP or doctor may be able to run blood tests from his/her practice.
Some of the lab tests I run (where indicated) with sample reports:
- Doctors Data GI360 COMPLETE (stool test) sample report showing toxicity (parasites, pathological bacteria, fungal infection), the balance of good v bad bacteria in the gut, if you have sufficient pancreatic enzymes, are you metabolizing sugars, fats, proteins, if you are gluten-intolerant and much more : https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0090/3403/9353/files/Sample_Report_GI360V2.pdf?13538
- Doctors Data Toxic Metals (Urine test) sample report: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0090/3403/9353/files/Sample_Report_Urine_Toxic_Metals.pdf?v=1562000500
- The Rhythm™ hormone test is a comprehensive assessment of estradiol, progesterone, and testosterone spanning a full 28 days. Hormone imbalances revealed in this hormone test profile can help illuminate root causes of disorders such as premenstrual syndrome (PMS), infertility, and menstrual irregularities. This hormonal test analyzes 11 saliva samples of a 28–day period: https://www.gdx.net/core/sample-reports/Rhythm-Sample-Report.pdf
How could functional medicine help you?
Get in touch to set up a time to discuss your situation on Zoom. I offer a free 20 minute chat so you can find out more about naturopathy and whether it might be the right approach for you.
© TARA ALEX ZENKER • CREATED BY KERI WILLIAMS
The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website are for informational and educational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your primary health professional or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Health-related information changes frequently and, therefore, the Content on this website may be outdated, incomplete or incorrect. We do not assume any liability for the information contained or referenced within this website and make no warranties, nor express or implied representations whatsoever regarding the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information contained or referenced in this website. Neither Good-Health (part of Perl Advisory GmbH) nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content.