about tara alex zenker
Naturopath & Functional Medicine Practitioner
My own health problems were the catalyst for turning me towards and also broadening my understanding of natural healing.
My personal health problems were the catalyst for turning towards natural healing. My own healing journey has been my teacher in functional medicine. I experienced long-term Candida/Fungal Infection caused by compromised gut health from birth and heavy metal toxicity. My mother had systemic Candidiasis and passed this on to me.
My Candidiasis caused terrible food cravings and horrible depression after I consumed the foods my fungal infection craved, namely wheat and sugar. I knew if I went to a doctor, I would be given antidepressants. However, I recognized that these depressions always followed the consumption of one or both of these foods. It was a nutritionist who explained I had Candida, a fungal infection, and started me on a natural course of healing.
A more natural approach…
Some years later, unable to rid myself of Candidiasis a Kinesiologist identified my numerous mercury fillings as being the cause of the persistent fungal infection. Candida grows in the body as a defence mechanism, binding to mercury to prevent it from entering the bloodstream. Other theories say Candida eats mercury to survive; mercury supresses the immune system allowing Candida to proliferate; mercury wipes out beneficial microbiota or gut flora allowing Candida to take over. All are possibly true. What was important to me was that I found the root cause of my Candida and became aware of the importance of the microbiome and its impact on health.
I am also someone who tolerates drugs badly such as antibiotics, the contraceptive pill and anti-malarial medicines. This is because of genetic detoxification issues. So orthodox medicine, that is increasingly drug-based, was never the right approach for me and set me in the direction of natural functional medicine-based treatments.
My healing journey included safe removal of all my “silver” (amalgam) fillings, metal detoxification (mercury from my dental fillings and lead from drinking London tap water which is delivered through lead pipes), adrenal burnout linked to metal toxicity, genetic detoxification issues, hypothyroidism and many digestive issues. These included parasites, pathological bacteria, dysbiosis, yeast infection, psoriasis, Pyroluria and insomnia. All of which have given me a deep insight into digestive, endocrine and more general health issues.
Membership to Professional Associations
- The British Complementary Medicines Association (BCMA)
- The British Institute for Allergies and Environmental Therapies (BIAET)
- Die Schweizerische Stiftung für Komplimentärmedizin (ASCA)
Professional Qualifications & Training
- Homeopathy – I qualified in homeopathy at the London Centre for Homeopathic Education (LCHE) in 2003
- Allergy and Candida Treatment at The British Institute for Allergy & Environmental Therapy (BIAET) 2002
- Kinesiology Foundation Practitioner Course 2005
- Nutritional Kinesiology Seminars under Chris Astill-Smith 2003-2015
- EFT Training Course London 2010
- Genova Laboratories training in Lab Tests 2011 – 2016
- Recovering from Adverse Stress and Fatigue by Dr. James Wilson, Nutri-Link Seminar, 2013
- GAPS Gut and Psychology Syndrome qualification with Natasha Campbell McBride 2014
- Functional Medicine Foundation Qualification – 2017 London
- Practitioner Microbiome Training 2018 Cytoplan
- Acid Reflux 2019 Nutri-Link
- Most Advanced Stool Test Yet? The GI360 by Dr’s Data Nutri-Link 2020
- Female Infertility Nutri-Link 2020
- Male Infertility Nutri-Link 2020
- Functional Gut Disorders Nutri-Link 2020
- Hypertension Nutri-Link 2020
- SIBO Nutri-Link 2020
- Psoriasis and Skin Health NutriHub 2020
- Detoxification & Biotransformation Nutri-Link 2022
- Super Nutrition for the Over 50s Nutri-Link 2022
- Acne Nutri-Link 2022
- Sarcopenia (muscle-loss) How to Avoid This, Dr Gabrielle Lyon 2023
- Weight-Loss and The Importance of Protein and Exercise, Dr Gabrielle Lyon 2023
Functional Medicine Training
Functional medicine emphasises a definable and teachable process of integrating multiple knowledge bases within a pragmatic intellectual matrix that focuses on functionality at many levels, rather than a single treatment for a single diagnosis.
Functional medicine uses the patient’s story as a key tool for integrating diagnosis, signs and symptoms, and evidence of clinical imbalances into a comprehensive approach to improve both the patient’s environmental inputs and his or her physiological function.
The Institute for Functional Medicine teaches health care professional’s how to apply these principles in practice through an intensive 5-day training course called Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice™. I attended and completed the AFMCP™-UK training in London in 2017.
How could functional medicine help you?
Get in touch to set up a time to discuss your situation on Zoom. I offer a free 20 minute chat so you can find out more about naturopathy and whether it might be the right approach for you.
© TARA ALEX ZENKER • CREATED BY KERI WILLIAMS
The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website are for informational and educational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your primary health professional or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Health-related information changes frequently and, therefore, the Content on this website may be outdated, incomplete or incorrect. We do not assume any liability for the information contained or referenced within this website and make no warranties, nor express or implied representations whatsoever regarding the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information contained or referenced in this website. Neither Good-Health (part of Perl Advisory GmbH) nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content.