work with me
My approach to healing
I offer personalised treatment to address your individual symptoms. Through a combination of exploring your personal health-history, what the possible root cause might be, evaluating your symptoms (the expression of your imbalance) and when and why they started, running laboratory tests (if needed); we work together to create your personalised treatment programme.
My treatment programmes are:
- Personalised – we observe your unique health issues and life experience
- Preventative – we address the root cause and decide how best to avoid a continuation of your problems
- Participatory – you are very much involved in the programme and aware of each step you are taking and why
- Proactive – it is your participation through observing and sharing between consultations that leads to improvements in your health.
The Functional Medicine “Five Rs”
I often use a Functional Medicine “Five Rs” approach in my consultations. These are:
- Remove– pathogenic bacteria, parasites, fungi, foods to which you are intolerant or allergic, environmental pollutants, and stress (stress pays havoc on gut health) Laboratory tests enable us to identify what your gut issues are
- Replace– stomach HCL if lacking, digestive and pancreatic enzymes, fibre to support general gut function and avoid constipation (which causes toxicity)
- Reinoculate– support your microbiome with lactobacillus and bifidobacterium
- Repair– maintain and heal the lining of your digestive tract Rebalance – explore stress management, healthy eating, exercise recommendations
- Rebalance– explore stress management, healthy eating, exercise recommendations
Together we work through all five stages. Your symptoms guide us to a treatment programme that best suits you. I often use laboratory tests to guide us.
Please get in touch and let me know what your country of residence is. I work internationally and accept most currencies.
In the UK you will need to contact your private insurance company to verify if they cover the cost of a consultation. Some insurance companies do, as long as the consultation takes place in the UK.
In Switzerland consultations with me as a homeopath are covered by some insurance companies under your Zusatz insurance. You need to verify this with your insurance company. If you give them my ASCA Practitioner No. they will be able to tell you the extent of any cover (ASCA No. Y246360). Some lab tests are covered by basic insurance as long as your doctor approves them.
Frequently asked questions
How do the consultations work?
The first consultation typically lasts 90 minutes. We run through your completed health questionnaire and decide on the best healing protocol for you. This will change as you progress so we maintain a proactive and participatory approach, observing and bringing understanding to developments along your healing path.
Follow-up consultations usually last between 45 to 60 minutes, depending on your health requirements. Initially these are every 6 weeks, and then on a less regular basis as your health improves. I aim to get you on a simple maintenance programme once your health goals have been met.
How long would we need to work together for?
Depending on your symptoms treatment can take from six months to over a year.
How could functional medicine help you?
Get in touch to set up a time to discuss your situation on Zoom. I offer a free 20 minute chat so you can find out more about naturopathy and whether it might be the right approach for you.
© TARA ALEX ZENKER • CREATED BY KERI WILLIAMS
The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website are for informational and educational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your primary health professional or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Health-related information changes frequently and, therefore, the Content on this website may be outdated, incomplete or incorrect. We do not assume any liability for the information contained or referenced within this website and make no warranties, nor express or implied representations whatsoever regarding the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information contained or referenced in this website. Neither Good-Health (part of Perl Advisory GmbH) nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content.